VCC Emergencies Ministry & COVID-19
Emergency Relief Centers in MyTown (Sample content only)
A flood has occurred on the outskirts of MyTown resulting in a number of people being temporarily displaced. Due to the impact of COVID-19 a physical relief centre has not been set up. For more information on the status of the emergency and general relief considerations please go to www.emergency.vic.gov.au
If you are feeling distressed or would like to talk about the experience this event has had on you and you would like one of our volunteers to call you please click on the link below. One of our volunteers will endevour to call you as soon as possible between the hours of Xam and Xpm.
Click here to provide your call back details (Link will be monitored during a nominated event only.)
General information for Local Government on relief Centres
- In the event of a Relief Centre opening up for a non COVID-19 related event VCC EM in conjunction with local government will need to assess the risk to our volunteers particularly due to a large part of our workforce being in the high risk category for COVID-19.
- Support can be provided remotely by phone.
- For face to face support to be provided some of the considerations will need to include
- The severity of the event/community impact
- The availability and willingness of volunteers to attend a higher risk environment
- The level of risk control measures put in place by the requesting local government such as access to PPE, protective screens, social distancing measures, temperature checks, etc
- If local government are providing printed material or developing templates for use should an ERC or ERC drive thru need to be established the link www.vccem.org.au/LGA can be included and will have local information added to if we have been requested to provide phone support.